RINA and VRMedia offer a Digital Solution for remote and smart inspections for the Marine sector. The service is provided through smart helmets operated by a user-friendly RINACube hosted application.
An enabling technology is, by definition, an innovation, that can be applied to drive radical change in the capabilities of a user. In the inspection field, new technologies can support human inspectors augmenting their capabilities; smart helmets are therefore employed to support traditional visual inspections.
The Kiber Helmet is a wearable device for onboard engineers that, combined with Kiber Communication software, connects them with inspectors or specialised experts ashore.
The Kiber Helmet:
- Allows engineers and inspectors to see what the person wearing the helmet is seeing in real time
- Enables high-resolution image capture and real-time mark-up of images
- Supports easy document share
- Permits multiple people support sessions, with video recording and playback
What are Kiber Helmet advantages?
- Reduction of travel time and related costs
- One single point of collection for photos, video and documents
- Fewer miscommunications
- Possibility to involve the right capability also remotely
Smart inspections services can be activated:
- To enable Classification Societies’ remote inspection activities, when allowed by specific list of applicability
- To perform remote specific occasional ad-hoc surveys
- To require remote assistance from ashore for crew members onboard ships, thus avoiding expensive and time-consuming travel by a technician
RINACube digital platform hosts the Kiber application software which works also on mobile/tablet devices optimising the bandwidth required.